Friday, May 17, 2013

Yesterday carries on

It was recommended that I share the art that has helped me throughout my time dealing with things so this post is going to be full of mainly quotes and songs. A blog on food for thought I guess.

Before I continue, I just wanted to share some of my music I've written. All of it is on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/forsakable123) feel free to check it out!

Of course I know we don't all share the same taste in art but in case anyone is interested :)

Canvas by Imogen heap


This song is PURE art. Put some headphones in and listen. Do not just hear it, don't make it background noise, listen. It's gorgeous.


The Moment I Said It by Imogen Heap


This song was something I listened to every time I had a panic attack. It made me see myself from an outside perspective, how my friends felt when they saw me dealing with stuff and made me want to deal with what I had. It's normal to experience discomfort in your own mind and have doubts about yourself but when it becomes heavy on those people who care, it's time to do what you have to to fix the problem. It just gets worse and worse on the both of you.


Speeding Cars by Imogen Heap



A song that really helped me keep my head on straight. Lots of Imogen haha, she's a good person.

Quotes

All of these quotes were very inspirational. Many of them by transcendentalists, I am not on myself but I love the way they think about certain aspects of life.

“Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”

"Envy is ignorance; That imitation is suicide" - This one was big for me. I remember thinking I would try and satisfy the majority by being straight and living with it. I envied those who were straight because I wish I was, however this combination of envy and imitation was a horrible mistake on my part and ultimately lead to self destructive behavior.

"Courage does not always roar, sometimes Courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I'll try again tomorrow."

"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment" - Live in the moment :)

"A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool."
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton  - Be wise and learn form the mistake we make. Learn from the mistake of others, we don't have enough time to make them all ourselves (this is a quote too but it fits with this one lol so they go together)

""By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. 
Confucius "

"I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done. 
Lucille Ball "

"1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."



Try applying these to your own life style. Quotes are just bits of wisdom, things to learn from other people. Take them into consideration, don't just read them. They hold moral value, which is what a majority of us lack. I'm not trying to sound self righteous, because I know I have a lot to learn. The difference is, I try to learn, and those who don't pay attention, never try. Don't try and you won't get very far. Wisdom is a grand quality in a person. I've never met a person who has expressed dislike towards a wise man/woman. Like I said, learn from the quotes, from the mistakes of others and apply them to yourself :) I can honestly say it helped a lot. I spent most of my time on the internet looking up quotes when I first came out and was dealing with other kids who enjoyed making fun of me. Quotes and Music are 2 fantastic pieces of wisdom to pass on :) Hopefully this helps or sparks some interest in you all who are searching for an outlet, or an answer of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment